American Wine School is an Approved Program Provider for the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and the only Diploma center in the mid west. This is a specialist qualification where detailed knowledge is combined with commercial factors and a thorough system for the professional evaluation of wines and spirits. The WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wines aims to provide specialist product knowledge and understanding of the global and domestic markets for wines and develop a candidate’s ability to present information in a format suitable for business. The total study time required to earn the WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wines award is (at a minimum) approximately 600 hours. The program is divided into 6 units each focusing on a specific aspect of the wine business and typically takes 18 months to 2 years+ to complete the program. Read more
The AWS Diploma Program Offerings
The American Wine School offers Diploma as a multi-media, hybrid course. Each unit includes a mix of online quizzes, activities, virtual classes as well as live tastings in Chicago.
- WSET Global Online Classroom – this online program is offered by the WSET Online Classroom in London. While there are not set class times or lectures, the online tutor will guide you through activities, videos, and quizzes to keep you moving through the program. You can access this information anytime during the course.
- AWS Virtual Classroom – In addition to your work in the WSET Global Classroom, the AWS offers supplemental lectures virtually. All Virtual classes are recorded so candidates can watch them again or catch up should you miss a class.
- Mock Exam Feedback – the AWS offers mock exam feedback to help you get a better understanding of what is expected to pass the exam.
- Tasting Portfolio – the AWS encourages candidates to keep a tasting portfolio throughout their Diploma journey. One-on-one tasting feedback will be given as you move through the program.
- Live Tasting Days – After each exam in Chicago, we offer live tastings to help candidate hone their tasting skills.
Where to Start
The Diploma is only open to those who have earned the WSET Level 3 Award in Wine certificate. Qualified candidates may begin their Diploma Diploma journey by registering for the first, mandatory unit – D1 Wine Production. The D1 course fee also includes registration with WSET in London, which is good for 3 years. After sitting the exam, candidates may take the rest of the Diploma Units in any order. That said, it is highly suggested that candidates take D2 The Global Business of Wine immediately following D1 as together they form the foundation of the Diploma program.
If you have any questions or are in need of further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
Upcoming Level 4 Diploma Wine Courses